Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Grilling... skirt steak, roasted veggies, and crunchy baked potatoes

While I love to cook, I really love to be outside playing with my son and family.  Especially at the beach in the summer, who wants to be inside cooking?  Here is an easy and tasty way make a great dinner, while you play outside all day!

Today we picked up some skirt steak at Cromer's Montauk Market; looked beautiful, well as beautiful as raw meat can look I suppose.  I seasoned it with some crushed garlic, 4 cloves, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.  Put it in a plastic bag and let it sit (in the fridge).   Have you ever had skirt steak?  It is one of my favorite cuts of meat...  if it is made right, that is - otherwise you might as well be eating your shoe (meaning tough as leather, yuck!)

In another plastic bag I put sliced mushrooms (bought them from the store that way, easy), one sliced vidalia  onion, 1 small yellow and 1 small green summer squash.  Added a little Italian Dressing, and put in the fridge.  (I usually make a little more than I need so I can make into another dish the next day)

And lastly, took some baking potatoes, washed them, poked them with a fork, rubbed them with a little olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, and wrapped them in tin foil.  Put them on the grill and let them sit all day - I love them this way, the skin gets really crunchy.  (I always make a few extra for the next day - split them in half, and put them on the grill - they crunch up great!)

Then I spent the day boogie boarding with my son - surf's up!

After a great day on the beach, we (meaning my husband) grilled the meat and the veggies to perfection! A delicious dinner!!!  Enjoy!

(Photos to come...  camera technical issues...)

No comments:

Post a Comment